Malaysia’s national pension fund EPF, was ranked the 8th largest fund in the world with US$94.66bil. Do you believe this? Apart from investing in domestic assets, EPF continues to enhance to diversify its portfolio into foreign markets particularly in equities.
Although you are not believe with the above facts, but one thing you should believe is you can top up in your EPF Account 1 in order to maximize your retirement savings. The minimum amount for each top up is just MYR 50.00. This saving can only be withdrawn when the toppee reaches the age of 55, or Death.
There may not have strict policy to be a Saving Topper:
– He/She may be a Malaysian or Non-Malaysian Citizens.
– He/She need not be an EPF member.
– He/She may top up to more than one Toppee.
There may have some requirements need to be met as a Saving Toppee:
– He/She must be a registered EPF member.
– He/She must not exceed the age 55.
– He/She must be either a Malaysian citizen or a Permanent Resident.
This is the Top 30 holdings(local company) of EPF: